As an Owner & Executive Officer of Focus Financial Network, Inc. and Managing Partner & Senior Financial Advisor at Perspective 6 Group, Matt Nelson has dedicated his career to advocating for clients and helping them make smart financial decisions. In 2006, Matt founded Perspective 6 Group with the objective of creating a client-focused, sophisticated asset management team. Additionally, Matt leads his group's Investment Committee as Director of Portfolio Management with oversight for all client portfolios, research, and infrastructure.
In 1998, Matt began his career at American Century Investments in Kansas City, M.O., learning key investing principles and business retirement plan operations. He added financial planning and insurance analysis to this experience while working at Legacy Financial and MassMutual during the bear market of 2000-2002. Later on, while working at Wings Financial Federal Credit Union, Matt was responsible for managing investment assets while coordinating financial planning services for members of the credit union. Since 2006, Matt has been guiding clients as an independent financial advisor. His experience has seen euphoric investment market bubbles, major market declines, and a wide range of investor emotions.
- Retirement Income Planning for Executives and Upper Management with an emphasis at:
- Delta Airlines, 3M, Emerson, Medtronic, General Mills, United Health Group, Park Nicollet, Health Partners, Xcel Energy, and MN Public Employees
- Business owners transitioning from ownership to retirement
- Self-employed professionals without corporate benefit plans or business equity to store wealth for retirement
EDUCATION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Pillsbury College – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration & Information Technology (cum laude)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
As a former Eagle Scout, Matt enjoys many outdoor activities, especially competitive bicycle racing for the team he co-sponsors, Peace Coffee Racing. In his spare time, Matt enjoys XC Skiing, snowboarding, traveling, and spending time with his wife, Taunya.