Matt has dedicated his career to advocating for clients and helping them make smart financial decisions. As an Executive Officer of Focus Financial and Senior Financial Advisor on his team, Matt founded his group in 2006 with the objective of creating a client-focused, sophisticated asset management team. Matt also leads his group's Investment Committee as Director of Portfolio Management with oversight for all client portfolios, research and infrastructure.
CLIENT FOCUS AREAS
- Retirement Income Planning for Executives and Upper Management with an emphasis in
- Delta Airlines, 3M, Emerson, Medtronic, General Mills, United Health Group, Park Nicollet, Health Partners, Xcel Energy and MN Public Employees
- Helping Small and Medium sized business owners transition from ownership to retirement
- Working with Self-Employed professionals without corporate benefit plans or business equity to store wealth for retirement
Matt began his career in 1998 with American Century Investments in Kansas City, MO learning key investing principles and business retirement plan operation. He added financial planning and insurance analysis to this experience while working at Legacy Financial and MassMutual during the bear market of 2000 to 2002. Later, while working at Wings Financial Federal Credit Union, Matt was responsible for managing investment assets while coordinating financial planning services for members of the credit union. Since 2006 Matt has been guiding clients as an independent financial advisor. His experience has seen euphoric investment market bubbles, major market declines, and a wide range of investor emotions.
EDUCATION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Pillsbury College – B. S. cum laude Business Administration and Information Technology
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
As a former Eagle Scout, Matt enjoys many outdoors activities—especially competitive bicycle racing for the team he co-sponsors, Peace Coffee Racing. In his other spare time, Matt enjoys XC Skiing, snowboarding, traveling, and spending time with his wife Taunya.